OHSAS 18001:2007 - Occupational health and safety Assessment Series:
Companies that invest in their employees will gain competitive edge over their rivals. When companies understand the importance of employees, in revert employees will take care of customers and thus business will take care itself. All we know that work injuries and illnesses can affect every aspect of life for workers and their families. That's why it is foremost responsibility of any organization towards its employees is to ensure that they are secure and satisfied with their workplace.
Over 6300 people die each day from work-related accidents or diseases- that's nearly 2.3 million every year. Thus for providing safe and secure environment ISO introduced OHSAS 18001 Occupational, Health and Safety Management System.
What is OHSAS 18001
The OHSAS 18001 standard is based on the ISO 9001 & 14001 Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) structure.
OHSAS 18001 enables an organization to have control over & knowledge of all relevant hazards resulting from normal operations & abnormal situations and improve its performance. By obtaining OHSAS 18001, any organization can prove to their stakeholders, customers & employees that organization is aware of their health & safety obligation and looking to minimize risks.
World's first occupational health & safety standard is currently being developed ISO-45001, a new standard consolidating the best practice knowledge on OHSAS.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001 Certification Health and Safety Certification
- By conducting vigorous risk and hazard assessment, customers are reassured that products and services are delivered within legal requirements.
- Providing a robust system to maintain and continually improve health and safety
- Minimising risks of downtime through accidents
- Adoption of international best practice in relation to risk management
- Possible cost savings from public liability insurance premiums
- Ensures health and well-being of employees, sub-contractors and the public
- Minimisation of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance
- Improved corporate image and credibility among stake holders, regulators, customers, prospective clients and the public.
What is the cost of an audit to ISO 18001:2007?
Charges for ISO 18001:2007 Certification may depend on the size, location, Complexity of operation, Processes and it's inter relevance. Acumic produces a guidance price list based on company nature & size. For a Quotation please get in touch with us either by sending your inquiry through mail to
Contact Us: If you plan to go for ISO Certification, you may ask for Quotation by providing your organization's information in application form, you can download the application form by clicking on Download link available at the website or submit your inquiry through feedback. Sector-specific applications of ISO 18001.