National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers known as NABH is committed to support improvement of quality of healthcare service in our country for all strata of the population through various methodologies and tools to supplement the efforts of the providers of healthcare service and the requirements of the system at various levels.
National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) is a constituent board of Quality Council of India (QCI), set up to establish and operate accreditation programme for healthcare organizations.
NABH is an institutional member of the International Society for Quality in Health Care (ISQUA). ISQUA is an international apex body which grants approval to Accreditation Bodies in the area of healthcare as mark of equivalence of accreditation program of member countries. As NABH standards have been approved by ISQUA, NABH accreditation of India is equivalent to some of the worldâs leading hospital accreditations like JCI, Japan Council for Quality Healthcare (JCQC), National Safety and Quality Health Service (NSQHS) developed by the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care (ACSQHC) etc.
It is a body which operates accreditation and allied programs on patient safety and healthcare quality. The standards, evaluation and certifications are based upon national/international norms, through a process of self and external evaluations.
Under NABH following Accreditation Program are going on:
- Allopathic Clinics
- AYUSH Hospitals (Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Siddha, Unani, Yoga naturopathy)
- Blood Banks
- Dental Facilities
- Medical Imaging Services
- Medical Laboratory Programme
- OST Centre(Oral substitution therapy)
- PHC/CHC Accreditation(primary health centres /community health centres)
- Small Healthcare Organisations
- Wellness Centre
Benefits of NABH Accreditation
- Patients are benefited with Accreditation most.
- Accreditation results in high quality of care and patient safety. The patients get services by credential medical staff
- Rights of patients are respected and protected
- Patient satisfaction can be evaluated.
- Accreditation to a health care organisation stimulates continuous improvement.
- It enables the organisation in demonstrating commitment to quality care.
- It also provides opportunity to healthcare unit to benchmark with the best.
- Accreditation provides access to reliable and certified information on facilities, infrastructure and level of care.
- The Staff in an accredited hospital are satisfied lot as it provides for continuous learning, good working environment, leadership and above all ownership of clinical processes.
Acumic Management consultant Services is involved in accreditation certification of NABH.
We have expertise in the field of NABH accreditation certification consultancy.
STEPS DURING NABH Accreditation Consultancy â
- Micro level survey of the existing system and make gap analysis for the hospital
- Conduct awareness program (top + middle + bottom level).
- Form a steering committee and task force for documentation
- Identify and define process approach
- Define accreditation policy and establish objectives
- Prepare documents of Quality management system as well as patient care and hygiene control, infection control as well as handbooks.
- Implementation & train all personnel in the use of procedures & formats.
- Self-assessment of the system
- Train internal auditors.
- Assess the system through first internal audit.
- Take corrective actions for non-conformities.
- Carry out management review meeting
- Apply for NABH accreditation.
- Avail pre-certification audit of NABH.
- Take actions on suggestions given by NABH auditors.
- Final audit by NABH auditors.
- Submit the corrective actions for the findings of NABH final audit of the assessors.
- Get accredited by NABH
NABH Accreditation Requirements
Following are the general and technical NABH accreditation requirements that any organization must follow while implementation of NABH system to achieve best results and quick NABH certification.
- Access, Assessment and continuity of care (AAC)
- Patient Right and Education (PRE).
- Care of Patients (COP).
- Management of Medication (MOM).
- Hospital Infection Control (HIC).
- Continuous Quality Improvement(CQI)
- Responsibility of Management (ROM).
- Facility Management and Safety (FMS).
- Human Resource Management (HRM)
- Information Management System (IMS).