ISO 9001 - Quality management system
Every Organization wants to be successful but without continual efforts & improving quality, no organization can achieve its objectives and quality is the best business plan. How can a company improve its quality & productivity? The answer is ISO 9001 .
ISO 9000 is the series of standards which provide guidance & tools for organizations who want to ensure that their products & services consistently need customer requirement.
The goal of ISO 9001 is increasing productivity, reducing unnecessary cost, customer satisfaction, business efficiency & ensuring quality of process & products.
"Without a ISO Standard, there is no logical basis for making a decision or taking a action"
This is based on the concept that certain minimum characteristics of a QMS could be usefully standardized giving mutual benefits to suppliers and customers and undoubtedly focus on process rather than product/service quality. This can be used by internal and external parties including certification bodies to assess the organization's ability to meet customer statutory and regulatory requirements.
ISO 9001:2015 is based on "High Level Structure" which is developed by highly reputed organization is to improve alignment among its international standards for management system. This new and revised structure is Risk Based Thinking and Risk Assessment. Organizations should recognize and evaluate potential risks and after identifying these risks, organization can avoid it or develop appropriate and effective actions to minimize its impact.
ISO 9001:2015 has eliminated the terms "Documents, Procedures, Records". All of these terms have been replaced with the ubiquitous, Documented Information. The rationale of this change is that it opens the door to greater understanding and acceptance of alternative methods of controlling QMS.
This new revised standard has three informative annexes - Annex A gives clarification on the new structure, terminology and concepts; Annex B provides refreshed QMS principles; Annex C gives details related to QMS standards from ISO 10000 series.
In brief, this new and revised standard of QMS can also enhance work productivity; employment growth will be proportionately less than sales growth, leading to.What are the benefits of ISO 9001 Quality Management?
- Management responsibility is being replaced with leadership.
- High level Annex SL structure based.
- Term product is being replaced by products and services.
- New clauses and sub clauses are the introduced relating to context of organization.
- Common terms and core definition.
- Provides continuous assessment and improvement.
- Allow you to become a more consistent competitor in your marketplace.
- Mandatory if you want to tender for some public sector work.
- Better quality management helps you meet customer needs.
- More efficient ways of working will save time, money and more resources.
- Improved operation Performance will cut errors and increase profits.
- Motivate and engage staff with more efficient internal process.
- Win more high value customers with better customer service.