ISO 10002:2014 – Quality management –Customer satisfaction
Customers expect more and more from the service you provide. And your competitors are working harder to meet these expectations. You can too with ISO 10002:2014, the international standard for customer satisfaction. It provides you with guidelines for putting in place your own complaints management system – helping you to identify complaints, their cause and how to eliminate them.ISO 10002:2014, which provides guidance on the process of complaints handling related to products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance, and improvement.
Customer dissatisfaction can damage your business. Smart management will find ways to differentiate themselves from competitors, define customer service standards, and deliver an effective complaint handing system for their customers.
Complaint management is challenging as there is not always a concrete solution to the problem. Success depends on how well you understand the complaint, how it is handled and if the customer is happy with the solution offered. A new release of ISO 10002 for Quality Management: Customer Satisfaction - Guideline for Complaint Handling in Organisations is an excellent customer service certificate and acts as a ‘true-to-life’ manual designed expressly for this purpose.
“A complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction made to an organization, related to its products, or the complaints handling process itself, where a response or resolution is explicitly or implicitly expected." Definition from ISO 10002. ISO 10002 is relevant to any organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations, a basic requirement for businesses of all types and sizes, whether they’re in the private, public or voluntary sectors.
ISO 10002:2014 is not applicable to disputes referred for resolution outside the organization or for employment-related disputes.
Benefits of ISO 10002
• Enhancing customer satisfaction by creating a customer-focused environment, resolving any complaints received, and enhancing the organization’s ability to improve its product and customer service
• Top management involvement and commitment through adequate acquisition and deployment of resources, including personnel training
• Recognizing and addressing the needs and expectations of complainants
• Providing complainants with an open, effective, and easy-to-use complaints process
• Analysing and evaluating complaints in order to improve the product and customer service quality
• Reviewing the effectiveness and efficiency of the complaints-handling process
• Achieve operational efficiency to identify trends and causes of complaints
• Resolve more complaints by adopting a more customer-focused approach
Top tips for implementing ISO 10002
• Get commitment and support from senior management.
• Engage the whole business with good internal communication.
• Compare existing management processes with ISO 10002 requirements.
• Get customer feedback on current complaints management.
• Establish an implementation team to get the best results.
• Map out and share roles, responsibilities and timescales.
• Adapt the principles of ISO 10002 management systems to your business.